Rick's wine blog

Friday, May 04, 2007

Another wine country

My nephew, Sean arrived at noon today from Chicago which completes the family unit scheduled to visit with us this week. I picked him up from SJC at noon, and pretty much immediately took the family out for a wine tasting tour. As I may have mentioned before, almost every region in California is "wine country" (which I have no problem with!), so we set out for the one and only winery I know in the Santa Cruz Mountains - Pichetti Winery. 2 hours and 2 wineries later, we had purchased a total of 15 bottles, signed up for 2 wine clubs, learned the legal laws of shipping to Michigan and Illinois, and basically got drunk all within 15 miles of my home!!! Who knew we would be able to sample some world class Pinot's, Merlots, Chardonnay's and driven up to about 5000 feet elevation within 15 miles of my house. I even learend some new geography today. If I've never said it before (and I know I have); I love California!!!! Kristen, Kelly, Bit and Ronnie - get your butts out here and let's do some wine drinking!!!!

Pichetti Winery - Santa Cruz Mountains

Cooper Garrod Winery - Santa Cruz Mountains

Savannah - Chanelle Winery - Santa Cruz Mountains

All 3 wineries less than 15 miles from home!!

1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger kfunk said...

Well, the thing is...if I come out there it has to be without Kristen, at least until I turn 21. Then, of course, when we're out you'd have to call me Kristen. But I do plan on making a trip out there soon, I promise!

Later Ninong. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home